Deck Post, Beams and Planking Missing

norryboy

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

I'm hoping this is just me having a blond moment but I can not for the life of me figure out why the Deck posts, beams and planking are not displaying.

Older Chief 7 files will show the materials.

Chief 8 profile plan shows the materials.

When I use the template I created from the profile plan with the defaults I want this is the result.

Thanks in advance.

Pinehurst.zip

Looks buggy to me.  You actually didn't have any deck support selected, but even after I addressed that, the posts and beams wouldn't show up.  They show as being used in the Layer Display Options, however if I switched to the All Off Set and just turned on those layers there's still nothing.  Unless someone else sees something, I think this is one for tech support. 

I would change those things in the Defaults (Room, Deck) so that they would build properly.  You can always paint them after the fact.  Or, as Michael says, you can specify the material to be a "Framing Material" by changing it in the material definition.

Good catch guys. I looked in that floor structure tab too but missed that. To reiterate what Joe and Greg are saying. The 2nd layer in your floor structure has to be designated as a framing material. You can use the same material you have there now. Just use the Adjust Material Definition tool and on the general tab under Material Type, select Framing. After doing so you'll likely have to open the Deck room DBX and then click okay to force the rebuild.

Joe,

That is the answer. However I don't recall that being an issue prior to X8. I'm fairly certain I have used all sort of materials that were not "framing" materials.

Thanks for the help.

FYI, I think its always worked that way.  I just tested in X6 (oldest version I have installed) and it worked the same way.  Still needed 2nd layer to be designated framing material.