Just curious, why are driveways and sidewalks not editable?

mtldesigns

What I mean, is the shapes?  I'm unable to break and adjust to fit the house and site plan.  Not a show stopper, because there are other ways to make this work, but what's the sense of having this if you really can't use it.  I shouldn't have to put three "driveway" rectangles in to get the one finished shape.  Maybe a future fix?      

Damn, you Pacific Ocean guys are quick, and thanks.  I should have more clear, I knew the polyline options, was just curious of why even have the first option at all, if its not usable.  Even if you did have a square drive, the poly option is probably used more often. 

Each straight and/or spline driveway's width can be changed manually in their dbx's and can be made to intersect each other cleanly in 3D, although the spline type intersections in 2D leave a lot to be desired.  I would say I use both equally.

post-67-0-86917800-1461189306_thumb.jpg

What I mean, is the shapes?  I'm unable to break and adjust to fit the house and site plan.  Not a show stopper, because there are other ways to make this work, but what's the sense of having this if you really can't use it.  I shouldn't have to put three "driveway" rectangles in to get the one finished shape.  Maybe a future fix?      

This is a great question without a good answer. 

I do not know why we can't do this.  I think I first asked for this about 10 years ago.

I use Terrain Feature to create driveways and sidewalks, you can edit, do anything you want with it, create any shape and it always follows the terrain.

I think we all get this,  but the question is,  can you break a curb with a terrain feature.  

So for me there are two issues:

1-   how do we reshape a driveway/driveway apron and have it break the curb to create a curb cut

2-   why can't we choose a curved curb cut or an angled curb cut.

Chief's tools as they exist for driveways and roads dont meet ADA standards - which makes them near useless to me. Its a nonnegotiable element for the building/planning departments nowadays. This part of Chief needs attention as well.

I was thinking of you when I made my previous comment. I am not sure what the mystery is, the current driveway tools are lacking.

Yes Scott, if you showing curbs, cuts, etc it will not work with the terrain feature. You can make the curb but you will not make the cut. Driveway tool definately needs some modification so we can have more control and things like have an option to have a belgium block curb which can be cut at sidewalk intersection, options which you mentioned being able to make different curb cuts, etc.