First Major Crash With New 18.2.0.42 Update...

HumbleChief

...not sure if it has anything to do with the update or with this particular file but I got a warning message - unable to save this file etc. etc. and Chief would no longer respond. I closed Chief, re-opened and the file I was working on no longer had the (very complex) second floor and all the detail, cabinets etc. were missing from the first floor - it just deleted an entire floor and blew up another.

I was able to retrieve an archive and the file looks OK but the original file is toast - just sayin'.

I was able to duplicate it by copying and pasting a window schedule from one CAD detail to another. Got the message below and Chief crashed.

Simple to avoid by just creating another, new window schedule but I've copied and pasted schedules before with no problems.

post-302-0-81407400-1461182967_thumb.png

I just tried it and got the same error. 

But after saving the plan in this updated version the error doesn't occur.  It's only plans that haven't been saved in this build that produce the error.  It may also be that the schedule being copied would have to have been created in a prior version.

Haven't seen much more about the crashes with the new update has others seen the samething or has it just been sparatic for some who have updated, I got the update message but haven't done the update yet to much of a work load to have to redo things with the update  Thanks

Thanks Larry from what you have indicated the only time your crash has happened is if you copy and paste window schedules, I always make up a window schedule for each plan that I do since not all window manuf are used by all the builders I do plans for so I made my own lib or windows to put in each plan I do so I don't copy and paste any window schedules

Larry,

Have you found that once the Plan is saved using this update that copying Schedules to new CAD Detail Windows works OK?

I just tested this using a plan started in X7.  Was able to get error messages, crashes, and the second floor was removed.  Tried it again with a plan saved using the newest update...  Was still able to reproduce the warning messages, the crashes, and the second floor being removed. 

I just tested this using a plan started in X7.  Was able to get error messages, crashes, and the second floor was removed.  Tried it again with a plan saved using the newest update...  Was still able to reproduce the warning messages, the crashes, and the second floor being removed. 

Ouch, thanks for that test Michael.

Interesting.  With some plans it fails and then with others it doesn't.  So far, I haven't lost a floor but I haven't saved the plan after the crash either.  As a rule I never save when I get such a warning.

You are correct.  It only removes the floor if you save the plan after the error message or crash (don't remember which now).

I just experienced this issue, but instead of losing a floor, the entire plan file vanished from my job directory. I had to go grab an archived version. Just for kicks I tried the copy/paste again and the same result - the plan file is deleted from the directory. My plan files are stored on a network drive, so maybe that is relevant.

I just experienced this issue, but instead of losing a floor, the entire plan file vanished from my job directory. I had to go grab an archived version. Just for kicks I tried the copy/paste again and the same result - the plan file is deleted from the directory. My plan files are stored on a network drive, so maybe that is relevant.

Ouch. Tech is working on a fix, must be a pretty high priority.