Floor/wall framing

country

I did auto frame and then cut a section "S10".  It shows the upper floor framing to my plumbing wall instead of the exterior wall.  The wall framing detail shows the exterior wall ballooning through to the upper ceiling.  Do I have to remove the plumbing wall to do the framing, turn off auto frame and then replace the wall?  Why did the floor not frame to the exterior wall?

Hoffman1.zip

I did auto frame and then cut a section "S10".  It shows the upper floor framing to my plumbing wall instead of the exterior wall.  The wall framing detail shows the exterior wall ballooning through to the upper ceiling.  Do I have to remove the plumbing wall to do the framing, turn off auto frame and then replace the wall?  Why did the floor not frame to the exterior wall?

This is such a great question.  I think there are many ways to handle this.

I do not call it a furred wall,  I call that wall NO ROOM DEF. 

How should we do it?  Define the wall as a furred wall or a non room def?  I do not know.  Why  would I define the plumbing wall as either non room def or furr wall,  I do not know.

Michael if he has time might want to explore the different options,  or I will if I find the time.

Good question Mon Cherie.

Thanks for the help everyone. I just got in from a client visit so will give these a try. This plan is a bit of a mess because the clients picked a contractor that wants scale drawings on 11x17 sheets. Everything I usually do is 1/4" and now I have convert these over to 1/8". What a pain:-(. Not as easy as I thought but they will be done soon.

Second try.. I changed it to furred and no room def. The rebuilt framing (F12) didn't work but when I used the "build framing" dbx and redid the subfloor for floor 2 it finally worked. I thought F12 would do this but obviously not.

Second try.. I changed it to furred and no room def. The rebuilt framing (F12) didn't work but when I used the "build framing" dbx and redid the subfloor for floor 2 it finally worked. I thought F12 would do this but obviously not.

You changed it to furred and no room def.

I would of done it non room def only

Why? I don't know, but I think I would of got the same thing.

So we agree it should be non room def, The question is if you also Define it as furred, how does it behave differently?

I do not know..