Brick Pattern Issue

Migaloo

Go to solution Solved by Migaloo,

Your plan looks great in Standard view but your same problem is showing up in Vector view.  I tried swapping out the pattern file but no luck there.  None or the other tools in  my limited tool box worked either. Is it the colour or the pattern that is most important to display?  You might want to send this one in for tech support on Monday or maybe someone more knowledgeable will take a look.  Best of luck and I would be interested to know how this one gets resolved.

post-4797-0-93531200-1460779949_thumb.jpg

Thanks Michael,

You just isolated the problem for me so I could solve this one.  If there is a change when you rotate the plan, then it is a lighting issue, or more specifically a Material Definition Problem.  I have never run across this one before but if you adjust your "Shading Contrast:" to 50% then I think you will like the results.  I wonder how many more years I can keep going on learning something new in Chief every day?

post-4797-0-51017900-1460786274_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-43680300-1460786296_thumb.jpg

Is this what you are after? I reset the material for

the exterior walls of the brick entryway to "Use

Default" at the top of the Plan Materials list. Then

I used the eye dropper tool to paint that material

onto the foundation walls.

post-126-0-04263000-1460788537_thumb.png

I think the problem is that the brick joint color is the same color as the bricks once the Shading Contrast does it's magic. 

This results in the brick joint disappearing in the shaded areas.

So, either change the brick joint color, or as Chopsaw said, change the Shading Contrast.

This issue seems similar to the one discussed a few weeks ago concerning backsplash tile lines not showing in vector view with colors turned on. From my investigation into that one I believe the root cause is that the generic sun adjustments do not function under this specific condition. As being suggested above the materials shading contrast control can be used to work around this.

Just wondering if tech support could confirm if the inability to adjust the generic sun in vector view with color on is intended or an oversight.

Graham

Just a further thought.. When printing vector views in black and white for elevations etc.  You will find that the default mortar joint colour is almost white for red brick 5 ( that I had a problem with ) and your red brick 4 that is only a little darker.  So you will find when printing in B&W that you will see a blank wall unless you darken the mortar joint (Lines:) enough that they show up depending on resolution and printer settings. My experience was that the mortar joints would show on screen, and print preview, as well as in PDF, and then disappear when printed on paper.

I too considered that it might be related to lighting after my quick experiment rotating the model but I thought  "Nah, I don't see how lighting could be removing lines".  It never even occurred to me to check the line color (or shading contrast for that matter).  Good job piecing this one together guys.  Teamwork!