Rescheck...Question about how a roof is calculated? Attic Room situation.

zowie123

Hi,

I have a 1.5 story house with attic rooms.  I would like to fill those attic rooms with R-48, and have R-38 in the vaulted center room.  

We don't have the ability to input roof R-Values, so I'm assuming I have to use a ceiling or floor.

Does anyone know the most accurate method of using Rescheck in this situation?

Thanks very much,

Barry

Seattle now accepts rescheck for energy code--it would brilliant if I could get accurate output for all remodel configurations

Hi Perry, 

I just spent the afternoon screwing around with this.  It's not possible to get good results.  

Chief exports all the walls, doors and windows but with different labels so you don't know what you're looking at in Rescheck. If the labels were consistent with the wall labels on the plan, perhaps I could figure out what's what and manually edit in rescheck. It would be easier to start from scratch in Rescheck which doesn't save time.  

I find it useless, but if anyone out there has figured it out, please let me know.  

Thanks,

Barry

>I just spent the afternoon screwing around with this.  It's not possible to get good results.  

Why?

Export rxl, import it into rescheck. All your walls should be listed. Adjust R settings as needed.

>We don't have the ability to input roof R-Values, so I'm assuming I have to use a ceiling or floor.

Where exactly you can NOT enter R value? At least with Rescheck 4.6.2  any R value can be overwritten.

>I would like to fill those attic rooms with R-48

Select your ceiling, click on Cavity insulation R value - enter 48

WHat is the issue? If you don't like Row that it generated: right click - delete, hit ceiling add manually your ceiling plane.

Brown 

Or if you Need Heat/Cool Load

1) Download & Install HeatCad (30 day free trial)

2) Use CA export ALL Floors as DWG

3) Open HeatCad create new project, set defaults

4) Main floor 

5) Import DWG and turn off all layers but level_1

6) quickly trace project, place windows

7) adjust North Directing thingy

8) generate report.