Slab on grade problem

mikes616

I have been trying to create a slab on grade but it doesn't come out the way I want.  I need a slab, stem wall, and footing.  I get the stem wall and footing ok but the slab sits on top of the stem wall ( and the exterior wall sits on top of the stem wall) and I want the slab inside the stem wall.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this?  X8 user.  Thanks.

Mark

Mark,

Try, Defaults...Foundation...Foundation panel...Foundation Type...Hang First Floor Platform Inside Foundation Walls.

Interesting,  I had never thought of that.  I tried it,  it did not work for a mono slab.

BTW,  I do not know what a FOUNDATION PANEL is......

I have learned to never question Glenn's knowledge,  but I could not do it.  

I do my foundations manually,  more control and easier for me.  There are multiple ways to do what the OP wants.  

If  I get a chance,  I  will do a vid  of the method I would use.

Why not use a simple mono slab, you can also have curbs if you want, very easy to set up, manually or automatic. Robert, it looks like your first view is not correct. It looks like you have 2 slabs, use mono slab and that should go away.

Like Glenn said. attachicon.gifmike 1.jpg

Yeah,  that is what I would of thought,  I spent 3.6 seconds and could not do it,  I will spend 5.7 seconds next time and I am sure I will get it.

JPC,  let me do a vid,  I discovered a new way of doing that stuff....  manually....  as manual as I can do it but it is using existing tools....  easy peasy...  may not be as fast as Glenn,  but I do remodels and I must do them manually.....  

Yeah,  that is what I would of thought,  I spent 3.6 seconds and could not do it,  I will spend 5.7 seconds next time and I am sure I will get it.

JPC,  let me do a vid,  I discovered a new way of doing that stuff....  manually....  as manual as I can do it but it is using existing tools....  easy peasy...  may not be as fast as Glenn,  but I do remodels and I must do them manually.....  

Id love to see a vid on how you do it manually.  This is more the route I would like to take as well.

Why not use a simple mono slab, you can also have curbs if you want, very easy to set up, manually or automatic. Robert, it looks like your first view is not correct. It looks like you have 2 slabs, use mono slab and that should go away.

Hmm. According to the section I've got one slab.

Interesting,  I had never thought of that.  I tried it,  it did not work for a mono slab.

Scott,

I wouldn't call this a mono slab.

A mono slab has integrated footing and slab - this is a foundation wall, footing and slab.

Foundation panel is the Foundation panel (tab) in the Foundation Defaults dbx (sorry, dvx in your case :) ). Similar to the Options panel

This is how I would do it.

http://screencast.com/t/O9FGd5HTe8

Thank you all very much!  Glenn- you got it right......set the defaults...edit the foundation....in the foundation DBX, check "hang the first floor platform inside foundation walls"...  THEN...on the first floor, having made just exterior walls, open Room DBX...open structure tab.....make sure "floor supplied by foundation room below" is checked and then set "floor" to ZERO.  worked perfectly.  Thanks!

Mark

open Room DBX...open structure tab.....make sure "floor supplied by foundation room below" is checked and then set "floor" to ZERO.  worked perfectly.  Thanks!

Mark,

The floor above the foundation can provide it's own floor if you want it that way.

The foundation doesn't HAVE to provide the floor for the floor above. 

You can do ir either way.