Rake Walls at Attic have disappeared.

Mark_Peterson

Go to solution Solved by johnny,

I've searched for this one, but haven't found it anywhere.

I have 3 gable walls that have show up "see through". on my elevations and 3D views. I think I've seen this before, but for the life of me can't remember what I did. 

Anyone have a solution? I'm almost done with my plan and am ready to rip what hair out I have remaining!

235 St Francis Hip Roof 03182016.plan.zip

post-908-0-99272600-1460499497_thumb.png

Thanks guys, and thanks for the video Johnny. 

I'm noticing on my plan a few remnants of walls, items, etc.  Mainly because this is my house that I'm finally finishing the plans on after years of putting it off. I had worked on this for the last 5-6 years and I find stopping and starting isn't the best approach.

I noticed after I posted the plan that I used the object painter to try to paint those rake walls. That raised the ceiling height to 9' in the rest of the plan. But that wasn't the problem I had. 

I hadn't known about the balloon wall framing option, so that will help here.

I'm almost completely done with this plan and I think something is going on with the file and it crashed about 10 times yesterday. I'm so close that I will probably finish my elevations and send it in for plan check. 

At one time, all those walls generated as they should have and I still have no idea what changed to make them disappear. Maybe I'll let that go on this one and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Anyway, thanks everyone, I love this forum, people are really helpful!