Floor Height

Designer100

I need floor of this project to be direct on sidewalk of Mall (w no floor)  with 6"x6"x1.5" (I think) thick rubber mat. Can somone assist me. Trying to have this ready tomorrow for client. Anyone have a stainless steel 3D commercial Lavatory hand sink  17"x 15.5"x8".  i Need floor to be at zero. I unchedked  floor in room def. but it is still 12" above grade. I need the floor at zero. 

Chief x8 Windows 10

Thanks,

newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

Frankys.plan

• Downvote 1

Ahh...., there is another way.

You can uncheck Floor Under This Room in the room dbx.

Yes, or you can have a floor and delete all layers so it has no structure.

So I think there are 3 ways to achieve the same thing. So what are the advantages of one method over the other?

I am still rather new to this but I think I have experienced that issue before and hate staying up all night.

So if your sidewalk top is sitting at 0" on your Terrain Perimeter and the subfloor of you building is 12" above that then you need to go to Terrain Specification right beside your select objects tool when you are in Terrain Configuration Mode and under the general tab adjust your "Subfloor Height Above Terrain:" to 0" or a little more so the door clears your doormat.

Best of luck with your presentation tomorrow.

Newell,

All you have to do is change your floor structure settings like I believe Eric did and as Scott suggested.  It's very basic stuff.

With all due respect, you really need to learn to use Chief better.  It seems like you come here all the time with a new project and a new question, you do very little in way of participation...in fact your posts often times come across as half baked and like you don't find it important enough to even take time to properly spell out a detailed question or response or even take the time to read and comprehend the answers you're given...and when you get an answer, very rarely do you give any credit or even a sign of gratitude.  More often than not you don't even respond and have in the past refused to even give credit where credit was due.    It really just feels like you're churning out a ton of projects and we're doing your work for you.  Kinda seems like the type of thing you should be paying someone to do for you. 

Anyway, I don't want to be disrespectful or sound like a jerk, it's just how you come across and I have reason to believe I'm not the only one who sees it or feels this way.  I would suggest you remember that we all have jobs too and we're volunteering our time to help people.  The idea is that we help each other and if you come across as a freeloader who can't even take enough time to properly participate in their own thread, your going to very quickly burn bridges.