Shower Wall Connections

GRSmsdb555

Hello all,

I'm struggling with wall connections and how they impact wall finish.

This happens most often with shower walls when I'm using a "Pony Wall" as a "Rail Wall" where the upper glass portion is glass and the lower portion is more of a standard wall to create the shower curb. The actual "Rail" is then used to create the glass retaining channel.

Is this the proper method to create a glass wall on a shower curb?

Is there a better way that will include sill material under the glass as one would see in a typical application?

How do I manipulate the connection to a standard wall to avoid the undesirable results I'm getting here with portions of the wall framing being exposed?

All help appreciated.

Thanks!

post-4315-0-28310800-1460489236_thumb.jpg

post-4315-0-98340600-1460489240_thumb.jpg

It would be in your best interest if you were to attach the plan, But briefly speaking, there are a ton of different methods people use to do what you are trying to do including railing walls, pony walls, moldings, polyline solids, cabinets, custom countertops, doors, symbols, the list could probably go on.

I personally use various methods depending on the situation, but more often than not I use a combination of walls dragged down in elevation view (half walls) , custom countertops (wall caps, and curb caps), and polyline solids (curbs, wall caps, curb caps, and glass panels).