Window Designation

English

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I have several mulled windows and I set their labels to Show Component Labels.  Window W22 is a mulled unit and has a single label in plan yet in the window schedule it is designated a Triple 24 60.  Windows W18, W19, & W20 are mulled and their label in plan is W18 W19 W20 yet in the schedule it is designated as three separate windows.   I'm not sure why this is but I would like my mulled windows to have a WXX label in plan and in the schedule show as a Triple XX XX.

Any idea how I can do that?
Thanks

Alan

Your post is a little confusing to me and if I understand you correctly I think your window schedules are going to confuse people, but here's what I have to offer for the time being...

If you want a mulled unit to have a single label and display in your schedule as a single unit choose "Show Single Label For Entire Unit"

If you want a mulled unit to show a single label and display as 3 separate windows in the schedule (albeit in the same row) they have to be identical units (even adding text to the comment field will make the window unique) and you'll have to do something manually depending on your desired end result. A few things that come to mind...

A. Suppress all labels and manually add the label using a callout or a text box

B. Choose "Show Single Label For Entire Unit" and simply add a note in the label field or in one of the fields in the Components
    dbx describing the window however you want to

C. Set the unit to display component labels and simply drag the extra labels off to the side of the plan somewhere so they're out of view

Anyway, hopefully that helps. We could probably help you a little better if you were to attach a plan as I'm not sure I fully understand what is going on. It doesn't make sense to me

• Solution

Hi Alan,

I took a look at your plan, and here's what I found...

The windows that are displaying as you want them have been set up to Show Component Labels but you have suppressed labels for the 2 outside units.  You have also specified the label for the center unit.  The problem with what you're doing is that the window dimensions in the schedule as well as the header sizes and rough openings are all incorrect/confusing.  I think what you should probably do is like I suggested with Option B in my post above...Show Single Label For Entire Unit and specify the label to say "Triple 2460SH" or whatever it is.  That would be the most accurate and would display like I think you want it.

Michael

Thanks for looking at the plan.  Something weird is going on.  If you look at W14 even if I set the label to individual units it still shows a single unit with label W14 and if I change the label to show single units it still shows W14.  In the schedule it shows a a Triple 28 72 SH whichever way I set the label.  I would like to know how I can set the labelling so that it shows as a Triple 28 72 SH in the schedule.

Alan

Alan,  I'm not sure you read my post very well.  Nothing weird is going on. 

I'm going off memory here, but if I recall correctly, W14 is set to Show Component Labels but you have suppressed 2 of those component labels and the 3rd you have specified as Triple 28 72 SH (YOU added that label).  Those 2 other windows are still in your schedule though...don't know what window numbers they are.  In other words, W14 is ONLY that center window. 

Read my last post again.  If you still can't get it, I'd suggest you pay someone for a little one on one training session.  Send me an email or PM and I might be able to help you out with that if you're interested.