PDF

RGWhite

I know this has been discussed before but I could not find the post it was discussed.  When I make a PDF with the CA PDF maker the program came with the properties were 10GB!!  It was just a cabinet plan.  I used a commercially available PDF writer and the properties were 300KB.  Why the difference?  By the way they both had the same quality.

Seems to me that you have answered your own "question", sort of. I mainly use CutePDF but I have also used the Chief PDF and Microsoft PDF. Like you, I prefer a reasonable file size. Your question would be better aimed at Tech Support or the guys who wrote the application (not users). I would use the application that gives me a useful product at a reasonable size, you should too.

DJP

I'm not using a Mac.   Both CA and the other PDF writer use 600 DPI.  So the question was.....Why the large file with CA?  I know to use another PDF writer will fix the problem.  Just wondered what's up with the CA PDF.

You should probably get with tech support on that one. By the way, I assume you meant your file was 10MB not GB. Most of my pdf files are usually in the 300KB to 500KB range but I had a Mac for a while that would pump out 5MB to 10MB files nearly every time. Drove me nuts. Wonder if the issue with Mac is similar to the problem you are having.