resizing CAD block

Dennis_Gavin

I have a cad block for a duplex switch and cannot figure out how to enlarge it.  Been in and out of cad block management, cad detail management and have added a version to my user library but cannot seem to find how to get it into the plan and substitute it for the existing.  Can someone slap me upside the head???

Drop that CAD block into your plan.  If you have "automatically Purge CAD Blocks" checked in the CAD Block Management dbx, it won't be available for use otherwise.  Once the CAD block is in your plan, open the SYMBOL dbx for the duplex switch.  Click on the 2D Block tab and select your block from the list.

Michael,

See attached pics.  Enlarged block is listed in block management but not listed in the symbol dbx when I go wo select it.

Sorry fir the long delays but things have been hectic!

Can you attach a plan with the CAD block and your symbol?

A block can only me assigned to a symbol with "one level" of blocking. Does you Block have blocks within it? If so explode all blocks within your block, Re-block as a single block, rename and it should be available for a symbol.

• Upvote 1

A block can only me assigned to a symbol with "one level" of blocking. Does you Block have blocks within it? If so explode all blocks within your block, Re-block as a single block, rename and it should be available for a symbol.

By the way, thank you Joe.  This is something I wasn't fully aware of.  Good piece of information to have.