Window and Door label issue in Elevations.

OkcDesigner

Ok so I was getting ready to roll out a plan and got all the window and door labels moved to the way I wanted them. Sent to layout, and then moved on. Well for some reason, I think a bug...... I have labels for windows and doors from inside and or other side of plan........

I am not able to tab to them and take them out of layout box, so back to no window and door labels on elevations.

Dang it........... One step forward three steps back........

I have been able to link it to "Opaque Window Glass in the view settings" maybe????? really random.

post-747-0-00731500-1460076203_thumb.jpg

I have been able to link it to "Opaque Window Glass in the view settings" maybe????? really random.

You are probably looking through a window with Opaque Glass unchecked and seeing a window label for a window in the background.

If you have Opaque Window Glass checked, you shouldn't see the labels for windows in the background through windows in the foreground.

It is not the plan Dan had same issue in his webinar. Totally different plan.

Draw simple rectangle box place windows on all four sides.

Pull up elevation. Turn Opaque on in camera. See if you can confirm bug?

I would have to get Joe permission to send plan in as I have scripts, from macro of the month dealing with window labels.

If I could pick label in way and move it off plan, for work around. How ever need to plow through layers to do so.

I cannot reproduce. 

• 1 month later...

So?.... Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

If you take an exterior elevation view and have door and window labels turned on, then not only do the labels on the elevation show but so do those that are on the inside behind the exterior walls.

Am I taking crazy pills or does no one else have this problem?

Ok I found the problem.

If you're bringing in a plan into X8 from an earlier version you have to retake the elevation view in order for the opaque window option to work on the standard render view. Otherwise the Windows will not change to opaque and this seems to allow door labels to poke through your exterior elevation views.

Vector and even Glasshouse view doesn't have the same issue which is funny on the Glasshouse view, where you'd expect transparency to be an issue...

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, ChiefLBC said:

here is a pdf of it, cannot upload .planfile tho for some reason

plan pdf.pdf

If the .plan File is over 25mb then zip the File while the Plan is CLOSED in Chief and upload the zipfile.

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in please, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum or are perhaps on the CA Mobile WebSite.

M.