Edit of Elevations on Layout Pages

AlexAncon

So in X7 I used to be able to edit elevations on the layout pages with the layout edit tool (which may actually be called something else).  I am talking about the button to the right of the "edit page information" button.  Has this function gone away or does it now require added steps?  For instance if I want to manually delete some of the shelves to show an option rather than creating a fully modified cabinet module, i used to just delete the lines with the tool.

Any ideas?

You can only edit the layout lines if the view is a "Plot Lines" view.  You can't edit the layout lines If the view is a "Live View".

You can change your live view to plot lines (or vice versa) in the Layout Box Specification dialog. 

Personally, I would recommend that you keep the view live and make all your changes in the actual view.  If all you want to do is hide some cabinet shelves, you could create a separate cabinet or something that hides the shelves and control the display with your layers.  If you convert the view to plot lines you will have to repeat all of your line edits every time you make any other changes to the model.

There are crazy things that happen with the drawings that I used to be able to edit away.  For instance, on a very simple stucco cabana that I am working on now, when I removed the sills on the openings, all the parapet wall junctions at the top of the exterior walls reappeared on the 6 exterior elevations.  The only way to get them to go away was to break each corner and then rejoin them on the 2nd level (floor) where the parapets are located.  These quirks I used to be able to fix quickly but not now.  Additionally the line quality of the print as pdf isn't nearly as good as it was on X7 unless there is some sort of setting that I can't find.  The exported vector views are not what they used to be and I have no idea why.

If you switch your "live views" to "plot line" views, the program should work very much like it did in X7 and prior. 

If you are still having problems, then you probably need to post something more specific or contact tech support.