X6 Toolbars

Breeze_Wood

why is there not an "all plans" option for toolbar locations ??? - as in all previous versions ???

I for one did not have problems with toolbars in past versions primarily because I set all toolbars at the same location using the all plans option in the past.

now even though I place the toolbars where I want them for "all" views, without the option for all plans the toolbars migrate to different locations for each view .... am I missing something, why do they not set where placed for the various views when initially set in plan view - why have to reset in every view and still they seem to migrate ?

is spell check working ? - i must have put that soewhere i can't find now :unsure:

??? ..... there is no way to lock "in the same place" toolbars for "all views" IN the same place.

Dan ... that is a step backwards from (previous) "all views" locked in same place - rather than have them all locked in one place all views now they move or relocate with each view - and if there is not an empty space on top space the first toolbar locks to the top and can not be lowered irregardless.

I gues the question is ... why was "all views" removed, it would be so much simpler. ????

*seioslly, is ther no spell check ?

There is the Extended Tool Configuration, much like there was in X5 and previous versions (we stopped naming it "all tools" some version ago, maybe X3).

To access this configuration, go to Tools>Customize Toolbars, and choose the "Configurations" panel.

From the list on this panel, select "Extended Tool Configuration" and click <Switch Tool>. 

Doing this will set your toolbars to use this configuration.

I hope that helps to clarify.

There is the Extended Tool Configuration, much like there was in X5 and previous versions (we stopped naming it "all tools" some version ago, maybe X3).

To access this configuration, go to Tools>Customize Toolbars, and choose the "Configurations" panel.

From the list on this panel, select "Extended Tool Configuration" and click <Switch Tool>. 

Doing this will set your toolbars to use this configuration.

I hope that helps to clarify.

not "all tools" the previous (removed) option was "all views" -

this allowed for setting (locking) personalized toolbars in one location for all views rather than having to look for their location in different views - even greyed out they would always be in the same position ... 

presently - the same toolbar moves in location from one view to the next without an option to lock it in the same position "all views" making it difficult to locate.

in time remembering their locations in different views will work but that processs is a step backwards from "all views - the same location".

Well, I used the new proceedure for the templet plan, setting each toolbar for the separate views then saved templet - hopefully this will lock in the choices per view for all plans ...

my point was previously we could choose "all views" that enabled for a single setting and all toolbars would be set in the same location, all set at one time and simply greyed out if not pertinate.

* for those who may be as slow to learn as I am, the initial toolbar locks itself to the top of any column it is set in and can not be lowered - by placing an "empty space" at the top of the column alows all other toolbars to slide to desired location and remain there when released.