Change Dimensions of Block

CBuserIndia

Go to solution Solved by tommy1,

Hello, Need help with using blocks.  

I create a simple wardrobe. Make a block. Add to library.

After this I try using this block in project.

When I double click this block, I do not get "Full Height cabinet specification" box. Usually this opens when I double click other wardrobes available in library.

On double clicking I get "Architectural Block Specification" box & this doesn't allow me to customize it, doesn't allow me to change size & other details.

Please suggest what step am I missing here.

On exploding, each object becomes independent. If I change size of cabinet, shutter doesnt change.

However same thing when I do with wardrobes i have imported from 3dwarehouse website, they work fine. On double clicking, you get to change dimension & whole wardrobe changes/adapts the new size.

Thanks

• Solution

Don't block it. Do this in a blank plan and make a symbol of it instead of a block and save that to your library. Once doing this, it will work like you want. BTW, I would save that plan that you made it in so that you can come back at a later date to modify it if you want.

If all you have done is modify an individual cabinet then there is no need to block-it, just save to User Library and you will have full editing capabilities like any cabinet. Usually only block when you have a created something like an island with many differing components, after blocking you can move and position this as a single unit. If changes are required you can either explode the block in place or move it to a blank area, explode it, modify it, then re-block it and move it back.

Graham