Stacking Floor Plans in Layout Sheets

modelermatt

Hi everyone. I have a difficult time getting floors plans to insert into individual layout sheets at a common reference point. I would like it so the plans don't move around and are consistent on all the sheets. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.  Matt

Get the view where you want it on a single page, then copy/paste/hold to the other pages. You can change floors & anno sets of each view right from the dbx you get when clicking on the layout view border. Change layer sets from the edit toolbar that you get when selecting the layout view border.

place a marker X on page 0

then use point to point after inserting a floorplan to a layout page to align a corner to that X

should be able to use snaps

then paste hold position to move to the desired destination page

Lew

Copy/paste/hold is the correct/best  answer to the user's specific question..........how to show show different plan views in the exact same place on different layout pages.

Works pretty cool.

You only ever need to send one plan view to layout. after that, it's copy/paste/hold from one page to another. Unless, of course, you already have all plan views already sent to layout in your template. In that case, you never have to send a plan view to layout.

Hi everyone. I have a difficult time getting floors plans to insert into individual layout sheets at a common reference point. I would like it so the plans don't move around and are consistent on all the sheets. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.  Matt

If I have a problem I send the first floor plan then add a line to a common snap point. Copy the point to the next sheet then send the next floor and then I use point to point move to line up the plans or any other thing I want in the same position ion other sheets

FYI, you don't need to copy/paste/hold position to move something from one layout page to another.  Just open the dialog and change the page number on the line style tab.

If you do not have plan in layout already,  a combo of Jim's Method and KT's method is probably the best.

STEP 1:  send plan to sheet 3 of layout,  go to sheet 3 of layout,  select plan,  make copy in place  (Jim's part),  

STEP 2: Select the LAYOUT BOX,  open dvx,  and go to the box where you can specify the page number for the layout box and the copy will move to that page,  (KT's part).

Repeat,  stirring occasionally,  let rest and then serve to the printer.

I used the "place a line or X" method for years, but with X6, as others have said, just copy the layout window and hold in place on the other pages. Works even better than the old system. A few of you hold overs need to try it...it will speed up your work flow even more!