Can't create terrain feature (garden bed) from a closed region in my plan

wtstreetglow

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

Hello all and thank you in advance!!!

Could I get someone to take a look at my plan and tell me what could be causing my problem. I have a closed region (what I believe is a closed region at least) made up of splines, lines, and arcs that I can't seem to set to set as a "terrain feature" for some reason. The group of lines is essentially going to be a border all the way around the house that will contain plantings etc. 

When you open the plan, the region I am talking about is 150 feet to the right of the home. 

Thank you all!!-- I know this is going to be an easy fix, but I just don't know what I have done wrong/ messed up...

-Weston

My plans is at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BymwM52lyoY1YVNTVmhZdFJLSTg&usp=sharing

That is not a closed polyline.

You need to go around and join up all the separate entities into a closed polyline.

I have went around to ensure endpoint is to endpoint. No connection between an arc and spline is acting appropriately. What am I doing wrong?- This seems like it should be an easy process that has turned into a nightmare. Is my border too complex? (Sorry for my questioning but I am at a loss for what is going on)

Thank you for your help.

• Solution

Tthe problem is that you are trying to make a poyline out of splines and other entity types.

You can't include a spline in a polyline - you need to convert it to a polyline first.

Go around and select your splines and convert them to polylines with the Convert Spline to Polyline on the Edit menu. 

You can then go around and join all the line entities to form a polyline.

You can do that by selecting a polyline, arc. line, etc and then clicking on it end or start handle.

Tthe problem is that you are trying to make a poyline out of splines and other entity types.

You can't include a spline in a polyline - you need to convert it to a polyline first.

Go around and select your splines and convert them to polylines with the Convert Spline to Polyline on the Edit menu. 

You can then go around and join all the line entities to form a polyline.

You can do that by selecting a polyline, arc. line, etc and then clicking on it end or start handle.

Thank you so much GlennW for the detailed answer. All is resolved with the model we were speaking about. Thank you so much!!