Layout pages set-up

capitaldesigns

I'm new to Chief, I'm using X-8.

I'm starting to convert my AutoCAD title block sheets into Chief layout sheets. I have one converted into my main layout sheet. That took sometime to get it correct.

In my usual plan sets I have 3 different types of title block sheets. The first one is my site plan sheet. This sheet is broken down into 4 blocks. The largest bock is

for the site plan. The 3 other blocks are smaller and of equal size. In one I show a vicinity map. The second is a legend of symbols and abbreviations.  The last one is the sheet index.

The second sheet is my main title block sheet, which I use most often. This sheet is already converted

The third is my general note sheet which also has my door and window schedule.

Is there a way to have these three sheets as layout sheets in the same plan files.

Thanks,

Mike

It would help to see exactly what those sheets looked like, but if it helps answer your question at all, anything that you put on page zero will be on ALL pages. Anything that you don't want on all pages would probably best be saved as a CAD block and pasted onto individual pages as necessary.

If you use the template or SAM method you really only have to place all those blocks once.

You can also use several layouts and then just combine as one PDF, but you can only have one layout open at a time so this route can be a little more involved. You can open multiple instances of Chief and Cut/Paste Hold Position to other layouts too...Just requires some extra steps.

Anything that you don't want on all pages would probably best be saved as a CAD block and pasted onto individual pages as necessary.

Another way is by using the Layout Page Information dbx where you can specify any layout page to be a template page, and then assign other layout pages to use that template page.

ie, you can have multiple template pages in a layout, not just page zero.

• Upvote 1

Another way is by using the Layout Page Information dbx where you can specify any layout page to be a template page, and then assign other layout pages to use that template page.

ie, you can have multiple template pages in a layout, not just page zero.

Thanks Glenn. I remember seeing that option before but never played with it.

I agree, what you have suggested is a much better method. My first post should probably just be ignored. I would just delete it to avoid confusion except now that you've quoted it, that would be even more confusing.