Squiggley cad lines

dshall

Suppose I have a site plan all drawn in CAD. i send to layout, but I want the lines to be squiggly , how would you do it?

Do I need a separate program? If it was 3D I could use the water color, but it is not 3D, any ideas?

I used Squiggle for many years and still have version 6, but not on my computer at the moment, but when Chief came out with squiggly lines I don't use it anymore. I think I could install it and squiggle it for you if you send me a DWG file.

Not at my computer to post and example, but I've used orthographic top views in line drawing mode for this purpose and often times in conjunction with the cross section slider.

Depending on your end goal you may need to overlay the resulting rendering onto a standard plan view (or visa versa) and turn off layers as necessary...especially if you want to add notations.

Oh ya, almost forgot. You just need to convert your lines to some sort of 3D objects first. Maybe copy paste in place all of them and then use the convert polyline tool. Put them on a unique layer while they're all selected too.

• Upvote 1

Not at my computer to post and example, but I've used orthographic top views in line drawing mode for this purpose and often times in conjunction with the cross section slider.

Depending on your end goal you may need to overlay the resulting rendering onto a standard plan view (or visa versa) and turn off layers as necessary...especially if you want to add notations.

Oh ya, almost forgot. You just need to convert your lines to some sort of 3D objects first. Maybe copy paste in place all of them and then use the convert polyline tool. Put them on a unique layer while they're all selected too.

Convert to solid, great idea, thanks.

I was just playing around with this using Orthographic floor overview and a "slab" for the PL, the new cross section slider.  However, when I move the slider around at different "z" intervals the inside line of the walls disappear at random locations.  I'm curious why that is.  Otherwise this works pretty well.

post-75-0-93700400-1459723943_thumb.jpg