Sending plan to layout

capitaldesigns

I'm new to Chief. I'm using X-8.

When I send my plan to a layout page in a 1/4"=1'-0" scale it does not let me use the tape measure tool in a 1/4" scale. My layout sheet is set up as 24"x36" D size

paper. When I measure across the paper it shows 36" wide. If it was a 1/4" scale it should show 144".

Is there a way to get the correct measurements in a layout page? Or do I have to go back to the plan file to get the correct measurements.

Thanks,

Mike

the plan is done 1:1 scale

in your case the layout paper size should 24 x 36

this is the paper to be printed on

when you send the 2D views of the floorplan(s) or details

you choose what scale to send: usually 1/4" or any scale as needed

Lew

Once you send to layout an inch is an inch. The information within the layout box can change relative scale so you could have different scale drawings on the same layout sheet. The layout sheet itself is like an actual sheet of paper in real-world scale.

I will try to clarify this.

When working in a Plan, everything is at REAL WORLD SIZE - no matter what scale is set.  All dimensional input and display the actual size that the project will be built.

The Layout is  a set of pages of paper - and everything there is at PAPER SIZE.  Normally when you send a view to layout, the scale you are using in your Plan is the scale that it will be in the Layout - but you can select the Layout Box and re-scale as needed.

If you want to work on the actual Plan, just double click on the Layout Box and the view will be opened in the Plan where you can work at REAL WORLD SIZE.

Thanks Joe. That's what I was the answer I was looking for, a quick way to either make a measurement in layout view in the scale the drawing was sent as.

I did not know that double clicking on the layout view would quickly take you back the plan view.

David, I meant 144 feet, not inches.

Thanks