full auto roof return and other roof question

DianeP

Go to solution Solved by Mark3D,

HI All,  I have problems with the auto roof working on one of my garage gables.  Also have two ridge areas over the front porch I want  to get rid of and planned on doing it manually later.  It would be nice to carry along with the auto roof working as long as possible, so if anyone has a fix please let me know.  Thanks!!!!

house plan3.plan

post-511-0-11701700-1459465322_thumb.png

Hi George, Only on the front where there is brick to siding.  Is that the step you meant?   The foundation has brick attached that I have lined up with the brick on the brick to siding pony wall on the front.  It makes a line where the foundation joins.  Not sure if there was a way to get rid of that line.  Would be great if I  could since it is ugly.  

Here is the latest on the plan.

house plan3.plan

Diane,

You can make the walls align in several ways. The first 3 that come to mind are...

1. Change the thickness of the brick veneer on that foundation wall to 4-7/16"

2. Set the foundation offset in the wall definition for the upper walls to 9/16"

3. Move the brick veneer on the foundation walls down to a main layer and then set the upper walls to foundation to exterior of brick.

Also, I just happened to notice the 2 outside corners on the front of your house have a funky void on the corner. Open those 2 front walls one at a time and on the wall type tab under pony wall, set it to display the lower wall in plan view...Now click on Edit Wall Layer Intersections and use the edit handle for that exterior brick layer to drag it out to meet the face of the brick on that adjacent wall. When you're done fixing both walls you can set it back to displaying the upper wall in plan view.

Hope that helps.

post-46-0-27015300-1459524370_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1