Line widths

johnny

I've been trying to narrow down my issue with line widths.  When I send prints to be made I use PDF - but I notice that when I print in-office (but smaller size often) my line widths seem "off".  The issue could be on my end with the way I am making PDFs, but I wanted to see if anyone has an issue with Chief's line widths and changing page sizes..?  Do they all remain the same width for you guys no matter letter vs Arch D/E sizes?

In theory that should be due to to printer settings as a PDF ought to be a definitive standard. Can you imagine if colors started changing during printing lol.

We used to support a rich 36" laser, an hp 42" Inkjet, an hp 13x19 inkjet  sheet fed and a savin 11x17 sheetfed laser, all of which would produce correct output.

Try to use this when sending to the layout at different scales.

I have never messed with that particular option. I'm curious now though… Does checking that box cause line weights to VARY (i.e. retain their aspect ratio and become thinner for smaller scales and thicker for a larger scales) or does it cause them to stay consistent?