Door & Window Schedule

English

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

FWIW, you can also edit the "Supplier", "Description", "Code", "Price" and "Manufacturer" fields in that dialog.  You will need to find the line that corresponds to the Door or Window itself.  Only that line will have any effect in the schedule.  Generally, those will be lines marked D1 and W1.  Edits made to the other lines will only effect the "Bill of Materials" or in some cases they may effect other Schedules.  For example, if you are working with a Cabinet and edit the line that corresponds to a sink it will show up in the Plumbing Schedule.  If you select the line that corresponds to an appliance it will show up in the Appliance Schedule.

Does anyone know if there are any user-editable fields within the Windows component / schedule table that don't lose their data if I change the size of the window?I just need a place to enter some notes (e.g. "re-measure on site", "don't order till XYZ date", etc) but I need them locked to that window - not disappearing without warning...

Sydney, short of converting the schedule to text, I don't think so.

Perhaps a keyed note would work better? No reason you couldn't grab another unused schedule and create a keyed notes just for the windows if needed.

Se ethe recent thread on keyed notes for a video on how to do this or just use a textbox and callouts.

I just noticed that the door and window schedule is showing some doors and windows with the same ID.  They are both the same size but I have several other doors in the plan with the same size but with a unique ID number.

This doesn't sound right to me -- shouldn't all doors and windows have a unique ID number?
Thanks

Alan

I absolutely think they should, yes, but I think CA gives them the same ref and then just puts the number of them under quantity. I find that very confusing as if the built opening is slightly out from the plans and you change one window's dims just before purchase, the window then gets its own CA ref number. I would prefer if we could assign numbers and LOCK THEM. Having CA change them without very explicit permission from the user is guaranteed to introduce errors unless you know CA very well and are 100% switched on - I've found it way too easy to make expensive errors.

• Solution

I just noticed that the door and window schedule is showing some doors and windows with the same ID.  They are both the same size but I have several other doors in the plan with the same size but with a unique ID number.

This doesn't sound right to me -- shouldn't all doors and windows have a unique ID number?

Thanks

Alan

In the Schedule, uncheck the box that says "Group Similar Objects".  That will give every object a different ID.

I think CA schedules have some shortcomings - labeling being one of them. I suppose some of the same suggestions made for keynotes could apply to cabinets, doors and windows. It would be nice to edit the item from the schedule and it would be nice to have a less ephemeral way to add comments.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...