open below not working

DianeP

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

Greg, Thanks for trying to help me.In these pictures I added a washer machine on the first floor in the living area. (Not where I would have one but just to have something there that should be visible from the open below area)  The 2nd floor seems to just have flooring for the second floor showing.  It isn't open below and I can't see the washer I placed on the 2nd floor.

post-511-0-87506700-1459292125_thumb.png

post-511-0-92458900-1459292144_thumb.png

Thanks Greg, Eric and Joey for trying to help.  I was working on this project on my laptop in x5.  I have always been able to see the open below on from the upstairs when I work on similar projects on my usual PC.  I took the project back to the x5 on my PC and the open below works just as it is supposed to.  I wonder if there is a 3D camera setting that controls the open below view.  I have attached the picture that I took of this project from my PC.  I made no changes, just opened it up and took the overview shot.  Any solutions ideas.  I want to be able to work on this and similar projects on the laptop, but I have to get this solved before I can.  Thanks everyone!!!

post-511-0-08983300-1459299246_thumb.jpg

• Solution

You would not want to use a "Floor Camera" set to exclude the floor below. Setting the upper room to open to below is only part of the work, you also have to set the first floor room to "No ceiling above this room" as well. You should also check your first floor materials tab settings for something that might interfere.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I think in x8 you don't have to turn the ceiling off, it does that automatically (don't remember  doing that in x7 as well). as soon as "open to bellow option is selected it removes the ceiling bellow, it works pretty much the same way as the stairway tool. Just have to make sure you use Full Camera so the interior shows the right way.