Trying to save a Fireplace as a Block

Electromen

I believe it is because you attempting to create a block containing objects and walls. Not sure you can block these items together. You could change the walls to thick partition panels or use solids with the stone facing material and then block these with the fireplace box object.

Graham

I believe it is because you attempting to create a block containing objects and walls. Not sure you can block these items together. You could change the walls to thick partition panels or use solids with the stone facing material and then block these with the fireplace box object.

Graham

Thanks for your help Graham, that worked.  I Blocked it and save it to my Library.  The only thing is, when I make the partition wider than hit is tall, the stone changes directions from horizontal to vertical.  To fix that, I made the faces two partitions joint in the middle.  You don't notice the seam because of the Fireplace doors and TV.  Below the hearth is six partitions and you see the stones repeating in image #2.  I extended the hearth down into the basement in #3 and it looks right.  I anyone knows a way to keep the material from rotating, let me know. 

post-84-0-89294600-1459280606_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-61896700-1459280617_thumb.jpg

Glad you were able to create the block. Yes applying materials to items like partition panels get rotated when the height exceeds the width. What I do is create a copy of the material (stone)  and then in the properties settings you can rotate the "Pattern" and "Texture" 90 degrees. Use this one for the taller partitions.

Graham

Glad you were able to create the block. Yes applying materials to items like partition panels get rotated when the height exceeds the width. What I do is create a copy of the material (stone)  and then in the properties settings you can rotate the "Pattern" and "Texture" 90 degrees. Use this one for the taller partitions.

Graham

It took me awhile to follow your instructions on changing the material orientation but it worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for your help.