Foundations Again #*/+##

ACADuser

I apologize for rehashing these foundations again but I can not seem to get this figured out.

A simple porch which most houses have, with monolithic foundations that should butt to the house stem wall foundation.

How do you get this to clean up?

The house foundation should be stem wall and the porch two walls should die into the house foundations.

post-2435-0-66482800-1459272291_thumb.jpg

Wyoming.plan

You set your Foundation Defaults first.

Second Set "Floor Defaults" to the kind of intended foundation you want (check each first floor room dialog to make sure they are set correctly)

If for any reason the porch foundation does not build properly (might be the name you used for the Porch, check that each name has different default settings by room name). If all else fails (it should not but if it does) just draw in the missing foundation for the porch.

There, I have covered all the possible bases without looking at your plan.

DJP

Thanks Perry, the slab tool worked without changing the stem wall next to it.

It does leave extra dashed lines next to the stem wall that will not be there in the real world.

The Slab Footing tool looks better in plan view but leaves gaps in camera view like the photo in post 1.

Solver's 3D view is best & like real world but I could not reproduce it in my drawing.

Thanks for everyone's help.

I personally use the slab footing tool to manually put a footing all around the porch so I can control the footing size and just use a small scoop footing against the stem wall. We have asked Chief to fix this for many versions now--but never done. To get rid of the line just copy your slab footing wall, and delete the interior footing line or change it to a blank line.