Building a pergola

baynesjosh

I am having a hard time building a pergola.  I am assuming the easiest method is using polyline solids to represent posts and rafters.  But I am not sure is there are easier ways to create the end cut details.  I have been doing it all with lines to generate the ends that I want but then I can't duplicate it on the other side.  There must be an easier way

Look in the Library under Millwork for rafter ends.  Also, be aware that you can can use Framing Members (Posts, Beams, Joists, Rafters, General Framing Members.  Or, you could also build a room and frame it then make the walls invisible, etc.  There are a lot of ways to do this.

• 6 years later...
On 3/28/2016 at 2:32 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Look in the Library under Millwork for rafter ends.  Also, be aware that you can can use Framing Members (Posts, Beams, Joists, Rafters, General Framing Members.  Or, you could also build a room and frame it then make the walls invisible, etc.  There are a lot of ways to do this.

Fast forward 6 years later! Can we apply custom rafter tails to general framing members? Building one of these puppies now in X13.

32 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Fast forward 6 years later! Can we apply custom rafter tails to general framing members? Building one of these puppies now in X13.

draw a gen. framing member; double click; end profile.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

that is is the first thing I did and skipped right over "end profile". thanks man......guess I was looking for rafter tails option.

That happens! You should post an image of your pergola once it's pretty much done...

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

That happens! You should post an image of your pergola once it's pretty much done...

Not too bad of a pergola/backyard makeover just to show for reference on my sunroom addition per the client's request. Damn I love my 3080 card.

image.thumb.png.6bc83a8252d48dd3e3b4e810a2f394ae.png

• Like 1