Framing Section Length

BrownTiger

This is something that is probably easy..

1) How can I tell Chief architect to frame 46' wall into 96" sections. And because estimating lumber part is not estimating properly.

In addition framing looks way not realistic.

2) If I move windows header 1.5" from the top plate, would Chief architect figure out to use solid 2x4 or 2x6 instead of top cripples?

B

I would just manually place those breaks.  If you want exactly 96" spacing, I would just draw a line perpendicular with the beginning of the wall and use multiple copy with the primary offset set at 96" to distribute that line along the length of the wall.  Then use those temporary lines as snap points for your breaks.

The answer to question 2 is no.  And I'm not sure what you mean by framing looking "way not realistic".

Thank you

Obviously if you have 48 ft wall that should be framed in sections of 12', chief architect under-counts 3 studs in addition to likely to report 2 x fir plate 48' or 1 x pt fir plate. (not sure) If I am framing in length of 8' - it will under-counts 5 studs / per wall. 

Chief really need to allow to specify wall framing section length.  And draw it on the model.

Here is Buy List... 

post-4512-0-91443000-1459189997_thumb.jpg

>And I'm not sure what you mean by framing looking "way not realistic".

When was last time you have seen a house framed with 46' sections of wall.  Would it be stable enough to lift. Where would builder get 46' 3" fur plate?