Rendered "Cut away" open view.

Trekdude

Hi guys, first post to the forum. Glad to be here!

I'm a "dabbler" and I'm using this software to design my home theater, as well as projects for friends.

I've searched and can't seem to find the right term for what I'll call "cut away" view. (Attached sample)

I'm familiar with the Orthographic view, but I want to be able to cut away, lower or otherwise exclude the wall(s) closest to the camera so there is no obstructed view.

This software is AMAZING so I'm sure it's just me.  :lol: 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-11031-0-27644900-1459104726_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but I think you guys are missing some interesting elements of his example. Notice the exterior walls are full height, other than the walls closest to the camera location - those appear lower. Not to mention most the interior walls appear at a cut height different than other items.

That example view, if you are wanting to copy it exactly, is highly custom - perhaps using multiple other views combined.  Was that example done in Chief?

Yeah, but I think you guys are missing some interesting elements of his example. Notice the exterior walls are full height, other than the walls closest to the camera location - those appear lower. Not to mention most the interior walls appear at a cut height different than other items.

That example view, if you are wanting to copy it exactly, is highly custom - perhaps using multiple other views combined.  Was that example done in Chief?

I think Johnny has it; when I do the Perspective or Orthographic view I want to hide/remove the wall closest to me/camera because it blocks a majority of the room.

I'm not sure if that was done in Chief.

Thank you!

I did see that too.  To get this in Chief you would have to define the  walls as a solid something to not have layers exposed, and drag individual walls down to desired height in floor overview, which I just tried and found out you can do, but door jambs are stubborn.  Looks a little crazy. :o