Photoshop & Chief Architect - working together.

ThomasM

Hello All,

I was doing a tutorial the other day in Photoshop CC and was wondering.

Can I take a picture of a room, turn it into a 3d image using Photoshop, import that picture
into chief and use chief to furnish it? if so any pointers you can give me on where to learn more about it would be great.

Thank you.
Tom

Photoshop does support 3D imports, and there are some very cool things you can do with it, but exporting back out to CA from that point may be doable, but very tricky. Both apps support DAE. However, Id really love to know why you would want to do that - what are you trying to do?

Photoshop does support 3D imports, and there are some very cool things you can do with it, but exporting back out to CA from that point may be doable, but very tricky. Both apps support DAE. However, Id really love to know why you would want to do that - what are you trying to do?

someone sent me a picture and it looks like everything is real except for the furniture.  the furniture looks like it was put there with a program like chief architect.  I don't want to import 3d into photoshop but do want to take a regular picture and change it to 3D, once 3D i want to add furniture.  there may be an easier way to do this.

That is tricky.

There are 3rd party plugins for Sketchup that help do this sort of thing, but I am going to tell you right now its a rabbit hole that may lead to spending much more time than simply rebuilding the scene in CA and taking another render. Can you share the picture here so I can see what you're trying to do specifically?

You could build a basic 3D model (including furniture) in Chief.

Turn off everything except the furniture and do a 3D view that matches your room picture.

Create an image from the 3D view and import it into the room picture in Photoshop

You could build a basic 3D model (including furniture) in Chief.

Turn off everything except the furniture and do a 3D view that matches your room picture.

Create an image from the 3D view and import it into the room picture in Photoshop

wow I would love to learn how to do that.  thank you.

by turn off do you mean make invisible?

Tom

That is tricky.

There are 3rd party plugins for Sketchup that help do this sort of thing, but I am going to tell you right now its a rabbit hole that may lead to spending much more time than simply rebuilding the scene in CA and taking another render. Can you share the picture here so I can see what you're trying to do specifically?

I have attached the picture.  to me everything looks real except the furniture

post-10406-0-68206000-1459036321_thumb.jpeg

by turn off do you mean make invisible?

Yes, turn of the layers.

It looks to me like the whole thing (room and furniture) is a ray traced computer model (Chief?) with a background picture looking out the windows.

If you look at the picture and want it without the furniture, it would take less than 5 min. to re-make inside Chief (dont you think Glenn?) .  You could then put the outside (through windows) image into Chief (place on a ploy sold or slab) or just do that part in Photoshop.

Either way, the room is so basic you might as well remodel it.