Missing Wall

English

Go to solution Solved by rlackore,

Please look at my screen shot and see why that wall is not displaying.  Invisible walls are on.  What is showing is a wall polyline and I can open it and it's set as Siding, 4.  The other side of the porch is the same -- no wall.

Not sure why it's an odd shape with the "spike".

Thanks

Alan

post-8283-0-03497900-1458826379_thumb.png

I do not specialize in "why" but I do specialize in "how do you fix it". Walls are defined by "Wall Poly-Lines" as shown in your posted image. Why they go where they go is better addressed to Chief Architect Inc Software Engineers. But they do have "Edit Handles" when selected which means that you can edit them or redraw them. Explaining why they do what they do I will leave to the persons who wrote the code that defines their behavior. I work with them and appreciate the mostly positive things that they do. Most of the time, working with them I can get a positive result and that is good enough for me.

DJP

Thanks.  That works.  I think you'll find that a wall's polyline always stops at the midpoint of the adjacent wall.  I'm assuming this has something to do with the internal workings of the program and the way it decides how to make wall connections, build rooms, etc.   Anyway, what you're seeing is the polyline of that invisible wall including all areas that it is affecting...which again extends halfway through the thickness of that exterior wall.

• Solution

Please look at my screen shot and see why that wall is not displaying.  Invisible walls are on.

Those walls are set as Invisible. Uncheck Wall Specification>General>Options>invisible and they will show up. AFAIK, turning on the layer Walls, Invisible doesn't matter in 3D view, only plan.

Michael

So it will always do that? I have to add a solid polyline and eye drop off the siding so the elevation looks right. I think I'll submit it to tech support.

Thanks

Alan

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. As Robert said, just uncheck Invisible and you should be good to go. You knew they were invisible walls. I guess I assumed you knew how invisible walls worked.