Gltiches

johnny

So im working on a project where I am designing exterior concepts - however, for some reason I am running into glitches (surface) I can't fix or explain.  I've tried to rebuild walls and roofs, check my "connections" and everything I typically do to find problems and these issues remain.

Thought I would see if any experts out there could explain some of these.

Thanks!

Lot 12b.plan

post-75-0-55158300-1458795505_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-39872500-1458795510_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-45831300-1458795514_thumb.jpg

I have to finish up some office work here so I don't have time to go through it all in detail, but I just took a quick look.  That one frieze isn't building because of the way that wall to roof transition is.  Drag that roof down a couple more inches and it shows up.  Have a look at why that might be.

The soffit at the lower floor is like that because your rafter depth is set to be deeper than your fascia.

Didn't have a chance to dig into the 3rd issue yet.

Thanks for help on the first 2. Odd, I never set the rafter depth differently. Thanks for that catch though, as I kept thinking it was a connection issue and couldn't find it. Got me to the point of at least getting what I needed out tonight - I just didn't show the other side in any of my presentation pics (its just preliminary work).

post-75-0-31513800-1458799080_thumb.png

Johnny,

In your first picture, the problem with the gable frieze is that the 2 small roofs on the ground floor are sitting out from the wall.

Drag their right hand edges further to the right so that they but right up to the wall.

The gable frieze above will rebuild correctly.

Oh, your molding polyline at the rear of that bump out is sitting off the wall. 

What is meant to be at the front corner - what is the problem. Is there meant to be a corner board there. If so, you haven't drawn one.

Michael got the second one.

I'll keep looking and repost on the third pic if I find anything.