Converting Chief files to PDF

ChiefUserPerz

Hello Chief Users

I was wondering how would I go about converting my file to PDF. Can Chief Architect convert automatically or do I need to purchase a software in order to get this done. 

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Beware using "save as PDF" in Chief will generate very large files as compared to Adobe. Some of my pdf's are 20 to 30mb using Chief, and 10 to 15mb using Adobe.

Agreed.  However, if you have 'transparencies' in the chief file (such as shadows on elevations), Adobe's printer, in fact all pdf printers i've tried, will pixelate those area and Chief's printer does not (discussed in a previous thread).  I use Chiefs printer when I have transparencies (which is all the time now since I use shadows for all my projects), then I use Adobe to 'optimize' the PDF file and it brings it down to normal size.

Agreed.  However, if you have 'transparencies' in the chief file (such as shadows on elevations), Adobe's printer, in fact all pdf printers i've tried, will pixelate those area and Chief's printer does not (discussed in a previous thread).  I use Chiefs printer when I have transparencies (which is all the time now since I use shadows for all my projects), then I use Adobe to 'optimize' the PDF file and it brings it down to normal size.

I'm not having any of those problems (Shadows) or anything else using Adobe DC

I pick my pdf printer from my list of printers after  I've made sure all my settings are in place. They print just fine. I do not use Adobe or Microsoft to make my pdfs. I switched to a different pdf program several years ago. It is really good and I have used nothing else since. Haven't had any problems.

Below I've linked a thread with in an in depth explanation of the problem I and others are having with transparency including good explanations as to why the problems exist in third party and not Chief's pdf from the Park brothers.  If no transparency in the plans, then any pdf printer works.  Sounds like DC and some other pdf printers are working on more recent drivers that have fixed the problems, which is fantastic.  Thanks for sharing.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/5189-pdf-anomaly/