a building within a building

mtldesigns

I have client who wants me to design a break room "pod" inside an existing manufacturing building.  The main building has 20' ceilings and the new break room has 10' ceiling, but the top of frame will be at 14'.  But when I enclose the main building ceiling, the break room walls expand to the main building ceiling.  I have turned off ceilings and roofs and tried to do manually??  Any ideas?

post-4747-0-36159600-1458784990_thumb.jpg

post-4747-0-21965300-1458784991_thumb.jpg

I did some office spaces inside a large vaulted area and just put a ceiling plane over the office area. It seemed to work well. I had the main area already drawn before they decided to put in the flat ceiling area so didn't want to restart with 2 story's at that point.

LOL...  No Perry, not a urinal, but it could be used for one if they had toga parties.  This happens to be an old porcelain wash basin (5 ft. long) that they had in another building that was tore down and they want to reuse it.

Scott, Sherry and Jerry.  Thank you for the great suggestions.  When I read your replies this AM, I had one of those "duh" moments.  I guess brain wasn't thinking very clear last night.

Thanks again everyone..