How to Create multiple side by side copies of a floor plan

MyGata

Hello,

I am designing a 3 story "six plex" that will be 6 side by side copies of the same floor plan with minor differences at each end. I was wondering how to do this once I have the base floor plans for each story complete. Thanks!

You can do as Ray suggests but I would advise to make a save-as plan and call the copies: "Version 1, 2 3 etc" these can be placed side by side on a layout. A plan with three copies of the same plan I have found a little cumbersome. But you should do was you wish and find out for yourself.

DJP

Thanks for the quick responses! The buildings are attached so I will probably go with Ray's suggestion. I was wondering if there's a way to make each floor plan 1 object to make it easier to move or copy. Kind of like a block or x-ref in AutoCAD. Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick responses! The buildings are attached so I will probably go with Ray's suggestion. I was wondering if there's a way to make each floor plan 1 object to make it easier to move or copy. Kind of like a block or x-ref in AutoCAD. Thanks again.

You can create a symbol out of the various sections but they wouldn't display right in plan views and you wouldn't be able to make any changes to anything for those areas that were converted to symbols.

The best solution for you will probably be to become familiar with using Edit>Edit Area (All Floors). Using that tool you can select any given portion of the plan and move/resize as necessary.

Note: You can draw and select an irregular closed polyline shape before clicking Edit Area and the aforementioned polyline will be treated as your selection area.