Many problems here

ladycoralie

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

Hi Guys,

I'm attaching my plan for you to see. I'm having a real problem with my 2nd floor. Actually, quite a few problems as you can see. I'll list them below:

1. There are gaps in my walls and I can't fill them in.

2. I can't select any of the rooms on the top floor.

3. There is no floor, but I can't select the rooms to fix the structure.

4. I can't delete any of the walls inside the rooms on the top floors near the windows at the back.

If anyone can help me with these problems, that would be great. I'm exhausted trying to sort it out.

Cheers and thanks,

Coralie

Fairy Wren.plan

• Solution

A lot of your second floor walls are Attic Walls, with No Room Definition. 

Group select all the upper floor walls and uncheck Attic Wall and No Room Definition for those walls.

That should be a start and fix most of your problems.

Do the above and then post if there are still more problems.

A lot of your second floor walls are Attic Walls, with No Room Definition. 

Group select all the upper floor walls and uncheck Attic Wall and No Room Definition for those walls.

That should be a start and fix most of your problems.

Do the above and then post if there are still more problems.

No Luck. I tried to change them to attic walls but they refuse to delete and I still can't select any rooms. I'm really reluctant to delete the floor and start again as I've done that umpteen times and I finally have the roof going the way I want. I really wish chief had a project tutorial on building these types of cabins with these roofs because they look simple, but are really hard. sigh.

No Luck. I tried to change them to attic walls but they refuse to delete and I still can't select any rooms. I'm really reluctant to delete the floor and start again as I've done that umpteen times and I finally have the roof going the way I want. I really wish chief had a project tutorial on building these types of cabins with these roofs because they look simple, but are really hard. sigh.

No need to delete the walls.  As Glenn suggested, uncheck "No Room Definition".  That's what's keeping you from selecting any of the rooms.  If you walls are supplying No Room Definition then there is no room to select. 

Hi guys. I finally got rid of those walls. I kept having to go in and change all the walls again and then I hit those ones until they changed and stayed changed. So thanks for that tip on no room selection and the attic walls. I'll have to keep working at it though to see if the gaps were resolved, but at least I have a floor now.

cheers. :)