Resizing foundation

BennyD

I'm afraid to try this on my own and not realizing the consequences until it is too late.

I've done a house but now realize that I made the crawls space 3' instead of 2' and the floor joists are 2x8's instead of 2x10s that I defaulted to. Can I change this without messing up something going on elsewhere? I've set my terrain to 18" so I assume that will be respected?

Question 2 is how I would go about to change it. Would I adjust settings in Floor in Defaults, or are defaults only what will happen in the future without affecting existing built settings, so that I would have to rebuild foundation to see the changes take effect?

I'm a bit confused with the defaults stuff, it seems that sometimes it changes existing conditions but in other cases like text and dimensions it only changes what will happen the next time I use it.

If you are ever worried about trying something, just do a save-as and rename so you know what it is. Then you can experiment without any changes to your original. If it works you can rename as your new drawing or keep trying.

• Upvote 1