Newbie - Siding colors keeps changing back

HuskerJack

Hello, I am running HD Suite 2016.   I started my first plan and the exterior walls were all the default tan siding.  I have changed the default settings, materials, walls (exterior) to red siding (which I want.).    I then also selected all the exterior walls of my plan (by selecting just outside of the roofline), open object, exterior room, exterior walls, edit material - I choose red.    The siding then all changes to the desired red while I continue to work with the file.  All is good until I save the plan and exit.  Then when I re open it, it is back to tan.   Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong !  thanks....

Chief Architect and Home Designer software always can be counted to ONLY follow default settings. In Suite 2016 you go to "Edit - Default Settings- Materials - Exterior Walls" to set that default setting. Also under "Edit - Default Settings - Wall - Exterior Wall"  those two settings need to be set into agreement.

The next thing many new users do is to use the Materials Eye Dropper and Panter tools without first carefully studying the four modes of their use before making a mess of their plan files. It seems intuitive to use the eye dropper and painter but you can cause no end of trouble by using these two tools without study.

BTW this forum is for Chief Architect Premier users only, Home Designer users have their own forum called "Home Talk"  https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/ .   Many users here have never seen Home Designer Suite.

DJP

thanks, I will re-post in the proper forum !  

(I already had the color I want selected in default settings, materials, exterior walls.  However, when I go to default settings, walls, exterior wall, it does not allow any material choice, just "siding '6" as an example.)