Copy/Paste command not working

evolvedesign

I've been using Chief for over 5 years and I've never experienced this problem. I'm trying to simply copy words of text to copy around the plan ex. "carpet" and it will copy the text, but will not allow me to paste the text. I've opened new drawings as well and this function isn't working either in that plan. This makes me think that I've accidentally changed a setting??? Very confused!!!!! Help!!

I've been using Chief for over 5 years and I've never experienced this problem. I'm trying to simply copy words of text to copy around the plan ex. "carpet" and it will copy the text, but will not allow me to paste the text. I've opened new drawings as well and this function isn't working either in that plan. This makes me think that I've accidentally changed a setting??? Very confused!!!!! Help!!

When I copy text, I have to then open a text box, past the text in there, and then it will show up on the plan.

What exactly are you copying? A text box? A rich text box? Text from INSIDE a text box?

Where are you copying it from? The plan? Layout? A CAD detail? An elevation view? A plan view?

Where are you trying to Paste it? Into a plan view? Into an elevation view? Into layout? Into a CAD Detail? Into a text box in one of those places or are you just trying to drop right into the view?

Is it text that was produced inside Chief or brought in from somewhere else?

And lastly, Joe gave you a very good suggestion...

Attach the plan.

I've had this problem lately. In X7 and X8. I figured it maybe my system getting a bit old plus the upgrade to Windows 10. Mind you it occurs occasionally.

Shut down Chief and restarted it will solve this issue. It  maybe a memory leak somewhere.

Francis.

Have also had this from time to time, do same as Alan and it usually works the next time around. Believe this to be more an OS related issue, Copy/Paste, Copy, Cut and the Clip Board are OS routines. Programs just call on these to do the heavy lifting. If memory serves me correctly I think this anomaly started a year or two ago. I believe Microsoft introduced some additional security settings on this function due to it being exploited to insert malicious code. I have had similar issues with other programs, especially in my browser and e-mail. At times in my browser I will get a security warning that this function has been disabled for security reasons, this happens in this forum when using the Edge browser.

Graham