Printing - Reds are not printing red

dbkb0227

Hello Everybody! I'm not sure if this the right place for this question but I figured I would give it a shot anyways. I created a set of colored construction documents for a remodel job and I showed all the demo work in dashed RED lines. I created a PDF set from CA so I can put it on a flash drive and print it from another computer in a different room (there's no room in my office for the big plotter, plus it's noisy). When I try to print the PDF on my HP DesignJet 800 plotter, the red lines show up in a very faint yellow. If I print the same page on my desktop printer, it looks perfect. I have new ink in the plotter and when I print a "test" page, the red looks good. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas of what I can do different? Thanks for all the help!!!

Yes the lines in the PDF are red. I create the PDF in CA under print / PDF creator. I believe I have Adobe Reader X on the computer. What confuses me is when I print the layout straight from CA, it has the same issue with the red lines.

So I took a look at it, printed layout page 2 to pdf, and then printed on a 18x12 printer and the red was fine. It is thin but clearly visible.

I think in general, if you can see it on the pdf it isn't Chief. Maybe boost the line weight?

It sounds like a color profile or paper profile issue.  Color profile can be changed in Acrobat Pro.  Paper profile is selected in the print driver.

Your Plotter, HP DesignJet 800, is a four color unit using CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black)  Which color profile are you using for the PDF?

Sometimes a RGB color profile will not print correctly on a CMYK printer.  The best option is to convert the color profile to CMYK first.

Are you using Adobe Acrobat Pro?  or just PDF reader?