Mac vs. PC

Draftsmith

Since I only had pc not sure about what is better you might get different opinions, as far as the ssa you just have to download the mac version of the program of the program and not the windows version, there is a ratio button for each program and you can do either on the type of machine you have

PC is better for me personally. Like Ray mentioned, you will get differing opinions. I've used both extensively and they do differ in some areas concerning the interface. PC version fits my needs better.

I started with a PC for CA.  It worked great.  When they came out with a MAC version,  I switched to a MAC.  I am completely MAC based,  iPhone,  iPad,  imac,  etc.

Both work well.  If you are a MAC person,  go with Mac,  if you are a PC person,  go with the PC.  It does not matter.  

I started with a PC for CA.  It worked great.  When they came out with a MAC version,  I switched to a MAC.  I am completely MAC based,  iPhone,  iPad,  imac,  etc.

Both work well.  If you are a MAC person,  go with Mac,  if you are a PC person,  go with the PC.  It does not matter.  

Excellent advice. There can be a lot of advantages, some not always obvious, by having a system/device consistency. Device to device file sharing/access and software for sure.

If you are going to change over to another system such as PC to Mac then be aware that there are some differences that may or may not cause you frustration. One is that the Mac keyboard has a different layout than the traditional PC. If you are really big on function and hot keys you could find this awkward, especially if you are moving between your Mac and other PC's. Happened to my Daughter, real Mac fan but when she went out to work they were all PC Windows based. She really wanted to use her Mac at home instead of her work windows Laptop. They work with massive Excel spread sheets and use the function and hot keys for everything, it was way to frustrating to keep adapting those memorized key locations and movements, now her Mac sits virtually unused.

Graham

Macs are good out of the box - but a PC allows you to better upgrade elements if you need to down the line.  The operating systems are nearly identical now-a-days.  I was Mac from 1996-2012 but switched to PC once I realized I wanted a certain setup I just couldn't get with Mac.

Macs are good out of the box - but a PC allows you to better upgrade elements if you need to down the line. ......

Yep,  but if you are nit wit like me,  you don't want to upgrade an existing computer,  I figure every 3 or 4 years I need to spend another 2500 to get the latest and greatest.