Transfer user catalogues

ED-209

Hi,

I'm transferring over to a new PC, but I can't seem to find out how to transfer over my user catalogues; the materials, objects, textures etc. that I've added from outside sources.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ed

You can export your user library. Put everything into a subfolder, then right-click and select Export Library...

attachicon.giflibrary.PNG

There's no way to drag them all in at once though; I've got 200+ items and I won't have time to do it one by one, any ideas?

Thanks.

There's no way to drag them all in at once though; I've got 200+ items and I won't have time to do it one by one, any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Sussed it; you click the first object, then scroll down, press shift and then click the last object. It highlights everything in-between.

You can also export your entire User Library. All shortcuts will remain intact. It saves a lot of time when upgrading if you have a highly cutomize User Library.

If you mean user catalogue, then it it doesn't have that option, it only works with sub-folders. I made a sub folder, put everything into it and it said it was too big, so now I've got to do it in 4-5 stages.

Yes, I exported my entire X7 User Catalog and imported it into X8 without issue.  If you have shortcuts to bonus and manufacturer catalogs you will have to import those catalogs to get the textures to show up.