Has Anyone Changed Their Text...

HumbleChief

Of course David, but I'll sometimes be switching between all caps while working on the plan, with the caps lock on, then filling out a correction list in lower case, then back to upper case for plans then switching back to lower case to post here.

With every text style set to upper case you can type in lower case all the time and never have to switch between cases. Really hard to keep track when typing everything in lower case and assuming it will show as upper case in the plan.

Also every default text style has to be changed and the upper case box checked, and was just wondering if anyone (else) had done it.

I haven't tried this Larry, I suppose it would take a bit of time to get thru. I have been using caps lock as well, but then switch to typing an email and look up to see all caps! :) doh

I do that ALL the time and when you have to look at the keyboard to type like me it's frustrating.

I just took the time to set all my templates in upper case text. Only have to do it once. I also converted all my existing notes on the layout to upper.

The only way to do it!  I have been using all caps since high school 30 years ago and that is the way I have always done it.  Unless I have some notes I will sometimes use the lower case but for the most part I set up my template to be consistent and only caps.

This is an OUTSTANDING feature! Today for example....I am heading to Florida for a week next week, so have been sending client reminders and answering back to all the emails as I am also finishing up a couple smaller items here and there in Chief....no more forgetting to hit CAPS LOCK! This feature alone probably saves me an hour per project in just fixing text.

This is an OUTSTANDING feature! Today for example....I am heading to Florida for a week next week, so have been sending client reminders and answering back to all the emails as I am also finishing up a couple smaller items here and there in Chief....no more forgetting to hit CAPS LOCK! This feature alone probably saves me an hour per project in just fixing text.

Can't wait to try it in earnest.  :)

Larry,

If you use Text Styles religiously, you can just go to defaults and check that box for each of your Text Styles.  It only takes a few minutes.  I think unfortunately that many users have a hodgepodge of text definitions in their plans and layouts.  There are so many different places in Chief where the text parameters can be defined that it makes for a mess.

I've been spending some time over the last month cleaning up my Templates (Defaults, Layer Sets, Text Styles, Annosets, etc.) 

Personally, I have some Text Styles that are not all Caps and some that are.  I use Arial and Chief Architect Blueprint for just about everything and I have those for 3 scales (1/8", 1/4", 1/2") and 3 sizes (1/8", 3/16" & 1/4"). 

Larry,

There are so many different places in Chief where the text parameters can be defined that it makes for a mess.

Boy, that's the truth.  Good reason so clean up my templates.  Can already tell this is going to be one minor but constant annoyance I won't have to deal with any more.