Wall Lines?

ACADuser

I have some unwanted lines in the elevations. The one shown on the attachment is the joint between the wall (2x6 frame over the generated floor which is 24" overhanging the first floor.

So why is that line being generated. I have to erase it every time i regenerate the elevations.

post-2435-0-01949500-1458082204_thumb.jpg

It is the material region you used in that location to make the wall have a different color stucco.

I would suggest using a pony wall if you want this to look like that

I meant to say a wall material region tool was used, instead of a pony wall. if the face of the wall is the same you shouldn't get those unwanted lines.

Thanks for the input.

The 2nd floor wall is cantilevered out 24" so the floor system is automatic & the wall will not be OVER wall below.

If you delete the material region the unwanted horizontal line at the 2nd floor wall to floor system is still there. but the expected horizontal line at the actual cantilever is not there.

If you look at the side elevation another set of lines define the floor system at the cantilever.  If you paint the square forming the cantilever the lines change,

I can't tell you WHY its happening, but those lines you're seeing are z-fighting (the framing from the wall and floor are showing through).  I didn't spend too much time with it, so there may be a better fix, but if you move your OSB to an exterior layer and make your stucco layer thicker you can get it to go away.  How thick you need to make those exterior layers may depend on how far back you want to pull your camera.  If its just for the elevation views you have set up, simply moving the plywood to the exterior layer or making the stucco a little thicker should fix your issue.