Outside layers not meeting at corners

Jay_on_Cape

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

Hello All,

I've never run into this problem before. I'm drawing a post and beam with sip panel barn. It has a dormer which will not have sip panels so the dormer wall at the corner where it meets the sip panel gable has an issue with the siding meeting at the corner. I originally defined the posts layer as an exterior layer but moved it to an inside layer but that did not help.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you.

post-137-0-54313300-1458050668_thumb.jpg

SIP Corner problem.zip

See if this helps.  I changed the main wall layer on one of the walls....  I really don't know what I did,  but it looks better.

Scott,

Thanks for looking at it! I couldn't open it because I'm still in X7 but I'm sure I'll get X8 running this weekend. Your comments made me look at main layers and on the SIP wall I didn't have an exterior layer so I bumped the siding to the exterior layer and it works. Thanks again!!!

See if this helps.  I changed the main wall layer on one of the walls....  I really don't know what I did,  but it looks better.

Do I get a cookie or dog biscuit for posting the plan with a picture without being asked?......

Do I get a cookie or dog biscuit for posting the plan with a picture without being asked?......

Yes you do.  It is so nice when the plan is posted,  thank you.  Sorry about the X8 thing.  But you did get it solved,  that is super.