Garage Slab shows floating above terrain

Mark_Peterson

I have a floor plan with a detached garage that is 22" below the Main floor plan , 1-story. When I build the foundation, it seems to show the garage slab 26" above the floor. 

I know I'm missing something simple, the garage is an existing garage and the framing sits right on slab.

So I don't be able set the foundation in that manner.

Any suggestions?

That did work Alaskan, thanks so much.

Now I wonder if I can set my garage slab to have no stem wall. Not super important, because it is existing, but the garage was built the mud sill sitting in the slab , no stem wall above the slab. I've looked for CA video on establishing a garage slab, but it seems CA requires at least a 4" stem wall.

Or should I post another topic on this?

Thanks again, I knew it was probably something simple.

I haven't really had to draw them much because we rarely build foundations like that around here so there may be other better methods, but you should be able to make the "stemwall" as short as the thickness of your slab at which point its technically not a stemwall at all but just the edge of your slab.   

We don't build garage walls like that either, it's the first time I've seen one that didn't have a stem wall that comes up at least 6". It seems when I do set the stem wall to 4" it messes up the height of the floor according to the terrain and separate house. Not a big deal, I'm the kind of guy who always wants to know why something does or doesn't work.