Resized Views in Layout - They Vanished!

LewisConDev

I have several views of details I sent to layout in both Plot Lines and Live View mode, which were created from elevation views (head-on instead of in 3D). I moved them to another page, and then used the transform/replicate dbx to resize them - and they vanished! I used the dbx again to resize them back, and then rescaled them using "Rescale Layout View," but they refuse to show their faces, even if I switch between Live and Plot Lines. I've double-clicked them to open them up, said "yes" to update layout when I closed, even restarted the program, but nothing work.

Anyone else encountered this? If so, have you found a way to update these views without having to delete them and resend them to layout? I've attached a screenshot that illustrates what I've described - C2 and X1 are both selected and you can see how these views do not display, whereas C1, which is a live view of a 3D camera, shows just fine. (The corner framing view is a static image so just ignore it.)

post-7808-0-83946500-1457976371_thumb.png

I think the cause is improper procedure: you used transform-Replicate when you should have use the "scale tool" on the layout page. If you want to change the scale you change the scale or for unscaled views you simply use the corner handles to upsize or downsize an image or other unscaled view. No bug just using the wrong tool.

DJP

I think the cause is improper procedure: you used transform-Replicate when you should have use the "scale tool" on the layout page. If you want to change the scale you change the scale or for unscaled views you simply use the corner handles to upsize or downsize an image or other unscaled view. No bug just using the wrong tool.

DJP

Correct, the problem arose because I used the wrong scaling method to rescale those views. I ended up copying the views from an archived version of the layout file and re-scaled them properly so I didn't have to try to redo all my sizing.

However, that doesn't mean this isn't a bug - there shouldn't be a circumstance where I do something "wrong" and can never recover from it, such as transform-scaling a layout view instead of changing the scale properly. I'm guessing nobody has found a way to correct this if it does happen then?

Correct, the problem arose because I used the wrong scaling method to rescale those views. I ended up copying the views from an archived version of the layout file and re-scaled them properly so I didn't have to try to redo all my sizing.

However, that doesn't mean this isn't a bug - there shouldn't be a circumstance where I do something "wrong" and can never recover from it, such as transform-scaling a layout view instead of changing the scale properly. I'm guessing nobody has found a way to correct this if it does happen then?

When you resized those views using Transform/Replicate all you resized was the actual layout box or "window" for those views.  Drag the edit handles and make the box bigger and I'm relatively certain you'll find your drawing somewhere off to one side or another.

Joseph:

Are the views you sent to L.O. saved?  (did you click on that save camera icon?)  If you did, then you should be able to find them in your project browser and resend as needed.  I always save my camera views sent to L.O. and rename as is appropriate for my project. 

When you resized those views using Transform/Replicate all you resized was the actual layout box or "window" for those views.  Drag the edit handles and make the box bigger and I'm relatively certain you'll find your drawing somewhere off to one side or another.

Michael has mentioned one of the first things I check if I have a "blank" view. I have some CAD Details with several sections in each I have created. I may send one or more to layout in different windows from that same CAD Detail. I sometimes get a blank view if I start moving them around or resizing them. It works but can be confusing sometimes. I just start resizing the boxes and they show up.

Mike