3D Render using chief Architect

celestina

Hi I am Tina from Perth Australia. I have been using Chief for a period of 2 years. I am trying to do 3D rending using Chief.

I would like to know how to get a final 3d render - Ray trace in an A4 printable size.

Are there any chief users in Perth use Chief architect for 3D Architectural illustration who would like to share images and textures used commonly in Australia constructions.

The print size is relevant to the output quality you desire. If this is print quality for a magazine or brochure they would probably want something like 300-600 dpi. With that in mind you would calculate the 300 dpi (dpi -= pixels per inch). 8.27 inches wide x 300 = 2481

A4 at 300 dpi = about 2500 pixels by 3300 pixels. Therefore you just need to set your output resolution to at least that size. Also, when you save the file, save as a .TIFF file rather than a jpg so as to not lose anything through compression.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/urppzl67054lype/WpXglcE5bU

Hi Tina my knowledge on west coast construction is pretty limited but suppliers like pgh for bricks have good material swabs on their website, steelselect is good for colorbond products. For weatherboard cladding I just use the chief siding and colour match to what I want. CG textures is good for timbers, concrete etc. google images coupled with photoshop or even paint you can customise materials pretty easily.

Ive attached my material folder and I would also suggest you experiment with using bumpmaps for materials like timber, render, bagged brickwork for better results.

As Gawdzira suggested use a higher DPI and pixel size, will just mean longer render times and larger file sizes.

Matt Taylor

www.evolvedbd.com
Newcastle NSW Australia

Chief X6
Intel i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
8GB Ram
1GB GEForce GT555M
Win7 64-Bit

morning Tina,

Trust you didn't get blown away last night.

There is a very active chief architects users group in Perth. We meet monthly to share tips & tricks, materials, symbols & try to sort out any problems anyone is having.

Now we have been using it for a while we are actually having a full day seminar next week for an in depth look at X6. you are most welcome to come along. 

Email homeview@bigpond.com or give me a call on 94477867 or 0417 957 876 anytime to discuss further.

Regards,  Brian Wheatland